Saturday, February 8, 2014

Smashing Pumpkins - "Billy's Gravity Demos I" (1994)



The Smashing Pumpkins' Billy's Gravity Demos I, also known as simply Gravity Demos, is a mostly instrumental demo compilation recorded to cassette in 1994 and given to a fan by Billy Corgan in April 2000 to distribute freely. Track 3, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings," has rough vocals making it the only non-instrumental track of the bunch.

A few tracks from the demo were made commercially available on the 2013 deluxe reissue of the The Aeroplane Flies High box set, but most remain unreleased as of this posting.

Cassette art (original demo):
Billy's Gravity Demos I

Track list (original demo):
1. Jellybelly
2. Beautiful One
3. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
4. No Escape
5. To Forgive For Nothing Less
6. Blast
7. Descendo
8. And I Stumbled Onto You
9. Dizzle
10. A/Ab/E/B/F#
11. Rings
12. James Complex Song
13. With Longing
14. Straight Ab
15. Set The Ray To Jerry
16. The Innocents
17. A Drone
18. Busy Downtune Bb/G
19. Jackboot
20. New Wave A To G
21. A/B/G Drop A
22. Glamey Glamay
23. Walking Country
24. Tonite Tonite
25. The Groover
26. New Wave Echo
27. Pretty Drop A
28. E-Drone E/C#/A
29. Disconnected

Other info:
Billy's Gravity Demos I (AllMusic review)
Billy's Gravity Demos I (SPFC)
Billy’s Gravity Demos I (SPfreaks)

Download:
Smashing Pumpkins - Billy's Gravity Demos I (1994) [FLAC]
Smashing Pumpkins - Billy's Gravity Demos I (1994) [MP3 V0]

No comments:

Post a Comment